Dumbass Independent Award

Dumbass Independent Award

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Little Girl Voice Does NOT Mean Dumb as Dirt

All my life people have felt the need to

"guide" me in choosing the right path towards political rightness, although my vision is not impaired.

I was urged rather energetically, back in 2008 to vote for McCain and Palin because only they would continue running the country with the same wisdom and care

President George W. Bush had.

Recently I have been told I am either

too dumb to understand the big picture, or just a

traitor for not being gung ho about this person's favorite or that person's.

Well, I am tired of this concept that I cannot make my brain cells fire the right way...so for all those who have decided I am no brainier than a

Betty Boop cartoon on helium, I'm going to share why I DO know what I'm about.

Once upon a time I held John McCain in high esteem, but when he failed to take exception to President Bush's campaign winglets attacking John Kerry for HIS military service...how could I entrust such a man with the most important role in our government?

I understand the psychology of imprisonment, so did not hold John McCain in disdain for HIS part in the propaganda  of the Viet Nam War...It upset me greatly John McCain cozied up to a man who spent the View Nam war safe in Texas, but felt it was okay to denigrate those who didn't when his politics came into play.

I tried really hard but I cannot remember the news reporting any attacks in Dallas by the Viet Cong during that war...and trust me, they WOULD have stood out...

John McCain and John Kerry served IN the Viet Nam theater. That gives them both the right to express their conclusions about that war, but neither had the right to denigrate or diminish the other's service. John McCain embraced a political system that attacked John Kerry because he spoke what so many of us by that time knew and spoke out against...The Viet Nam War was not a war we belonged in...not because of the service men and women, but because of the political game surrounding its

execution.



And NOW we bring Sarah Palin into the mix.

I am a mother, and I love my children unconditionally. NEVER would I place myself and my needs above the needs of my children. I cannot imagine outing

my teenage daughter's out-of-wedlock pregnancy to save my own political skin...but that's what she did. How can I entrust such a person? If she didn't have the loyalty to place her children first, how can I believe she'll place me and our country first? I couldn't vote for such a person...and she proved me right when she resigned from the office she HAD been elected to when the going got too close for comfort.



Recently I was urged to vote for Newt Gingrich. I cannot delete the image in my head of him conducting the Impeachment hearings against President Clinton for basically getting a badly performed sex act and then doing what most men do about such things, lying. Gingrich attacked Clinton while behind him, in the audience he had his wife sitting on one side and his mistress, now his current wife sitting on the other. Where's the honor in this?



When I really WAS a kid, my parents used to say, "Do as I say, not as I do..." That made no sense then, and it makes even less sense now that I'm the adult.



Integrity...four syllables...not a million dollar word. I cannot imagine anyone creating a song about it like they did in Mary Poppins for that magical word

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Integrity rolls off the tongue with far more ease than the Supercali word, but it means more to me than the atrocious Mary Poppins word means or ever will mean.



I was raised to believe integrity meant something...something important. Is it so much for me to want the people representing me to have it? When did that become immature, naive, traitorous?

2 comments:

Glenn Kleier said...

Observations from a lady who has endured much and has amassed the experience to speak out with wisdom. More power to your little angel voice.

Lin said...

You sure know how to make a woman proud to be not dumb as dirt. Thank you.